Typ 356 Northeast is dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of the
356 Porsche and to the fellowship of 356 enthusiasts

Minutes of Typ 356 NE Board Meeting

Date of Meeting:
September 14, 2004

Place of Meeting: The Hilltop Restaurant, Braintree at 6:30 p.m.

Attendees:
Ron Swenson, President
George Huff, Vice President
Jerry Tulis, Treasurer
Jim O’Hare, Secretary
Bob DiCorpo, Membership
Greg Graham, Member at Large

Distribution:
Attendees
Peter Crawford, Events Chairman
Dave Willard, Tech Chairman
Len Cannizzaro, Member at Large
Dick Chiasson, Member at Large
Bill Collins, Member at Large
Loosey Blake, Web Master

Administration

  1. The Meeting Minutes from August 3, 2004 were approved as submitted.
  2. Jerry Tulis presented the Treasurer’s report. The insurance bill of $811.00 was the major expense. A discussion followed because the cost has doubled over the past four years. The Board decided to review the policy. The current Club balance is $3,487.88.
  3. Bob DiCorpo, Membership Chairman, reported that current membership is 126, a record number.

Scheduling and Events

All the following events were discussed at the meeting. Exact schedules, rain dates, directions, etc. should be checked for the specific details on the Club website.

  1. September 19th: a driving event is scheduled to rerun part of the route used on the spring tour. Lunch at Newick’s in Dover NH will follow.
  2. September 29th to October 3rd is the East Coast Holiday in Williamsburg VA.
  3. October 2nd is the Antique Boat and Car Show in Wolfboro, NH. Don Osborne is the coordinator.
  4. On October 16th (Saturday) there is a Tech Session at Meister Restoration. Bob DiCorpo is the coordinator.
  5. October 31st there is a Sunday drive with Greg Graham as organizer.
  6. On November 14th , weather and temperature permitting, George Huff will organize another Sunday drive.

Communication

  1. Ron Swenson reported that the next newsletter is scheduled for publication in early December.

New Business

  1. Ron Swenson reminded the Board that a meeting is scheduled at the East Coast Holiday to discuss the 2006 New England event with Jerry Keyser. Many of the 2006 New England event committee members will be there.
  2. The Board also discussed a newsletter that would be a summary of various technical articles that have been published both in our newsletter and by the Registry. An issue depicting the occupations of the TYP356NE members was also considered. The possibility of combining both issues was also discussed. Because of the number of events currently on the Club calendar, no conclusion was reached.

The next meeting will be held on October 12th at Jerry Tulis’s office at 6:00 p.m.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Respectfully submitted,
Jim O’Hare, Secretary

The above represents my understanding of items discussed and agreements reached during this meeting. Please contact me at jimohare@webtv.net if you have questions, concerns or clarifications.